Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Hole In My Head, the Title Song

There's a hole in my head
Where my thoughts leak out
Sometimes it's a whisper
Sometimes it's a shout
When I talk about the world
There's so much to be said
So I'm reaching out to you
Through this hole in my head, in my head.

When I look out these holes
in my head I see a lot
While some of it is good
at other times it's not
When I look I try to see the good
and leave aside the rest
When I look at the world
I see the world
at it's best, at it's best

When I listen to the world
Through these holes in my head
Though I hear a lot of talking
There's so much that isn't said
About how we all could live together
Try to get along
When I listen to the world
I hear the world sing it's song, sing it's song

When I breathe
through these holes in my head
I smell the roses
A thousand different fragrances
I concentrate on those
I could rush around to breathe in just the smell of success
But it seems I'd rather Stop.
And smell the flowers,
I guess




A song by J.R. Reynolds



No comments:

Post a Comment